Sunday, December 21, 2008

Poker; An Interesting Perspective

Wow, I really haven't written since the beginning of the fall Series, eh? Well, just to recap, the only real noteworthy play was when Caesars spread the $5-10 HORSE table. It was a great experience, and I really held my own with the cream-of-the-crop poker players at the boat. I was even in Holdem, I beat Omaha HiLo, got crushed in Razz, but rallied in the Studs. Awesome game; and I hope to play it again soon.

In other news, the "Prodigy" has been doing well lately. It seems that he's come into a bad run lately, but his smallball is getting better, and he's really starting to find his style.

Finally, after playing in so many different situations over the years, I realized one thing this evening during an impromptu; there is nothing like social poker during the holidays! Its full of laughs and good times. Bad beats are funny, not frustrating. It's much more about having a good time then it is winning money. So, my advice to you over the holidays is to take a break from the stresses of competitive poker and play with friends and family!

Thanks to all of you for reading my blog this year! I hope you've had a good run this year; I hope you're up; and I hope that the tables treat you well in the future. See you all next year!

May your rivers be full of boats!

No comments: